Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's the little things...

The last month or so has had its ups and downs - mostly ups.

And it is the ups that make me thankful for some wonderful people I have in my life, especially my three kids and their significant others.

We have FUN together.  Ok, I have fun - they may see it differently

They each do a lot for me, sometimes big, expensive things and sometimes little caring things.

Of course I appreciate the big expensive things - who wouldn't?

But the little things are what warms my heart the most.


  • Gary spending the night before I left for Belize so he would be here in the morning when I was ready to leave for the airport because he knows how crazy I get about being on time (which translates to being super early).
  • Carrie and Kevin offering their really nice luggage;  I accepted:)
  • Larry making lists of everything I needed to know about getting through customs into Belize. I had the first time jitters.
  • Larry and Margo taking me to all their favorite  places in Belize. I got to experience all the places I hear them talk about.  
  • Carrie and Kevin picking me up from the airport in the middle of the night - after a two hour plane delay - and listening to me jabber all the way home about everything I did in Belize.
  • Gary inviting me out last week to watch the Bucks beat the Ducks at a local bar with him and his friends.  I love Buckeye football, and I would have watched it myself at home, but it is so much more fun in a crowd of young people.
  • All of them asking me regularly about making it to the gym....to the point that I know check in at the NAT just so they know I am keeping up with my activity goals.
  • Finding a package with the note below on my doorstep Monday night.  I know you read my blog because that is the only place I mentioned that I wanted a kindle paperwhite.  And knowing you read my blog means even more than the kindle. (Though I love my kindle and use it every night.)

Yes, it warms my heart. And I felt the need to share the warmth.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment