It is a cold, rainy, Ohio Saturday and too close to that return to the office Monday.
I have been away from the office for two weeks and out of Ohio for most of that time.
It was a couple of weeks of firsts for me.
For the first time:
- I was away from Ohio and my parents and my youngest son for Christmas.
- I travelled internationally (other than crossing the border by car to Tijuana and into Canada).
- I vacationed on a tropical island.
- I experienced snorkeling.
- I swam with some sharks; nurse sharks, but sharks, nonetheless.
Truthfully, I did not want to come home. If it were not for my family here and my job, I would have found a way to stay on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize.
I was looking so forward to this vacation for so many months that I thought it may not live up to my expectations.
I was wrong.
I had an awesome time.
I owe a big helping of thanks to my son and his girlfriend (and their dog) for being the perfect and most generous hosts.
I was going to post about all of my adventures in Belize in this post, but decided one post would not do. So over the next few weeks, when I am feeling the post-holiday, winter blues, I will recall and share tales of sunny Belize and hopefully give myself a little pick-me-up.