Saturday, January 3, 2015

You Better Belize It....

I am feeling a little blue today.  

It is a cold, rainy, Ohio Saturday and too close to that return to the office Monday.

I have been away from the office for two weeks and out of Ohio for most of that time.

It was a couple of weeks of firsts for me.

For the first time:

  • I was away from Ohio and my parents and my youngest son for Christmas.
  • I travelled internationally (other than crossing the border by car to Tijuana and into Canada).
  • I vacationed on a tropical island.
  • I experienced snorkeling.
  • I swam with some sharks; nurse sharks, but sharks, nonetheless.
Truthfully, I did not want to come home.  If it were not for my family here and my job, I would have found a way to stay on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize.

I was looking so forward to this vacation for so many months that I thought it may not live up to my expectations.

I was wrong.

I had an awesome time.

I owe a big helping of thanks to my son and his girlfriend (and their dog) for being the perfect and most generous hosts.

I was going to post about all of my adventures in Belize in this post, but decided one post would not do.  So over the next few weeks, when I am feeling the post-holiday, winter blues, I will recall and share tales of sunny Belize and hopefully give myself a little pick-me-up. 








No comments:

Post a Comment