Sunday, April 27, 2014

Not worthy of sainthood...IMHO

A fellow co-worker said something to a few of us the other day that reminded me of advice I often give to my kids. He said: We choose to be happy....

How true.

We cannot always choose the lot that life throws at us, but we can choose how we react to it.

I need to start choosing better... 

A lot has been happening in the last couple of weeks....

A lot of sad news has been passed my way....

And some other crap has been going on that bothers me enough that, even with the sunshine, I cannot seem to get out of the funk that I have been in the last few months.

I am not going to write about all of it, because a lot of it is personal and it does not do me any good to dwell on it.

So I am going to go for a walk in the sunshine.


But, before I go for that walk, I do feel the need to say a few words about something n today's news that is bothering me ...

How the hell does anyone think it is OK to canonize a person who covered up for his pedophile employees?

Of course, some John Paul fans would have us believe that he did not condone, participate in, or even know about the coverups.

Or that he listened to and believed his middle management team who insisted the accusations were false.

I am not buying it.

What kind of leader does not look into those kinds of accusations and makes sure he/she gets to the bottom of them????  

It is not like there was only one of them.

I got to say I lost a lot of respect for Pope Francis today - he could have put his foot down.

The balancing act does not cut it...

Excommunication would have been more appropriate...

Just my opinion, but I feel better having expressed it.

Thanks for listening.















No comments:

Post a Comment