Thursday, December 4, 2014

Here's to the ones...

I am getting old...well, older:)

And I am single...have been for a long while.


Most times I am ok with that.


But sometimes not ....


During those not times, I have tried to put myself out there and meet the man of my dreams.

And quite honestly, that has not worked out so well....


I have stories...


But, bottom line, I am the worst at dating and relationships...I admit it.


I have both screwed up and allowed myself to be hurt so many times that right now I am afraid to let anyone get close - especially anyone I want to keep as a friend....

I am in a rut...

When I meet someone I like more than a little, I tend to want to jump right in because it has been awhile and I could use some good lovin....

But, then I get skittish and start to back away because I do not want to lose a friend...


And then I lose a friend because I back away...


Ahhhh, the circle of love - or lust - or whatever....


I have not always backed away, though; oh no I have not...


And, unfortunately, those are the times I should have known better...

Yeah, I have stories...

Stories that keep me still backing away more than I probably should.

I have learned that lust is blind...

Until it goes to shit and your eyes are opened....ugh.


Yeah, that has happened.


At least twice.


What was I thinking???



But for at least one of the times that I have backed away - I wish I could cop a do-over...

Seriously...


What was I thinking????


Hopefully, someday, my prince will come....


Or come again...or back, or whatever...


Or not...

But in the meantime, I found this article that kind of explains myself to myself  -  and helps me feel a little better about myself...


It is by Ella Ceron and posted in Thought Catalog....
Here’s To The Ones Who Want To Take Things Slow

And here's to the ones who want to dive right in and just see where things end up...






 And here's to you, however you make your way!




No comments:

Post a Comment