Sunday, October 13, 2013

Are you ready for some football?

Growing up, my view of the world of sports was somewhat limited.

I did learn the basics, though.
I am from Cleveland...I root for the home teams...
This is the year; the Browns are going all the way...
You gotta believe - I believe.
I hate Shittsburgh...doesn't everyone?
I hate Baltimore more.
The only time I cheer for Shittsburgh is when they are playing Baltimore.

Over the years, my view of the world of sports has evolved somewhat. Having a couple of sons has helped that evolution. I even learned a few things about college ball...
O-H-I-O....
Michigan Sucks.

I have learned to not disown family members who root for other teams.

I let my daughter marry a man from Michigan....not that I had a lot of say in that, but still...

Today is Sunday...

The Browns are playing the Lions...

I have invited my Mom and Dad and kids over.

My Dad will be here because I am going to go get him and drive him here and take him back home.

My Mom will be here because she goes where my Dad goes.  Truthfully she does not get football and would rather watch baseball.  Sorry, Mom, the Indians disappointed and I find baseball boring. I did not host an Indians party.  Maybe I should have, but I did not and probably never will. I cannot see myself yelling at the television because the pitcher walked a guy in.

And yelling at the television is what I will be doing today.  I enjoy it. My Dad may be yelling too.  He enjoys it.  Much more than my kids enjoy it. Much more than my kids enjoy watching me do it.


But that is ok...  I have food...and that they understand....hanky panky and cresent dogs and brownies and some other goodies.....


Time to start getting that food together....

And I need to check the tv - make sure the game is being televised on a local channel..

Yeah, I am not normally a television watcher.  I rarely turn the t.v on except to watch the Browns.  I would not even subscribe to basic cable if I could watch the Browns without it...but I have not mastered that whole antennae thing yet...so for $20 a month x 12 months I get to watch 16 football games.  Make that 20 games, because this is the year the Cleveland Browns are going ALL THE WAY!!!!. 













No comments:

Post a Comment