Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Maybe walking is not such a good idea...

I worked from my home office (aka dining room table) today. 

I try to do work from home at least once a week.  I actually get so much more done when I work from home - laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms (yeah, I have two just, for me). And I can yell out my frustrations without getting written up for it...unless, of course, I am teleconferencing and forget to mute before I start yelling.

Today, I decided to take a lunch break walk.  

It was nice out - too nice for the long sleeve shirt/jacket combo I was wearing.

So, I took off the jacket and tied it around my waist.

Some time during that switch - or before or after, but sometime after I walked out my door and locked it - I dropped my keys.

And of course I did not realize that I dropped my keys until I had walked 3 miles and was back at my door.

I walked another 3/4 mile looking for my keys.

I did not find them.

But once again, apartment living shines through - somewhat.

The groundskeeper let me into my apartment and maintenance immediately changed the locks on my door.

I am still short a car key.

An expensive car key; not a key to an expensive car, just an expensive key.

It will be even more expensive if some lowlifes find my keys and realize that I probably  live nearby and decide to beep themselves into my car....

But I should not worry.

This is a decent neighborhood.

At least now that the neighborhood Craig's list killer is behind bars...



No comments:

Post a Comment