Thursday, November 7, 2013

Smart what?

What did I do before I started using a Smartphone?

I have to admit, I did not get my first Smartphone until last year...

After all my kids had smart phones...

After most everyone I know had a smart phone - ok, not quite.

Up until a year before that, I was happy with my phone that just made phone calls.

What else do you need a phone for?

Up until about three years ago I had a contract with Verizon.  It was a 2-yr contract  that turned into a ten year contract because my youngest would upgrade to a new phone every chance he got.  Verizon let me out of that contract because my condo ended up in a dead zone when they moved some of their towers...

So I became a Virgin (Mobile) customer. I told the kids they were on their own.  I got a pay as you go plan that gave me 300 minutes talk time and unlimited texting for $25 a month.  So, needless to say, I took up texting.  I do not need a Smart Phone, but I will take a texter.

Then, last year, I found myself with a new boss at work.  My new boss insisted that we all have company phones.  he may need to get in touch with us when we are out of the office.

So I got a company phone on the company plan.  A Smart Phone.

Witth Email (personal and work accounts).

With synced calendars (office and personal).

With Lync chat.

With Google...

With Kindle apps and pedometer apps and music apps (that I have added)...

With games - like Candy Crush and Free Cell Solitaire...

With GPS and navigation apps...

With Facebook...

With a camera (a pretty decent one at that)...

So, on this November 7th, I am thankful for my Smartphone, for my boss that inisisted that I get it, and for my company for footing the bill:)

I am thankful that I can play Candy Crush on two devices.

I am thankful that I can check Facebook and my personal email accounts from my phone rather than blatantly displaying them on my work computer screen...



No comments:

Post a Comment